CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is an advanced-level cybersecurity certification for security architects and senior security engineers charged with leading and improving an enterprise’s cybersecurity readiness.
Why is CASP+ Different?
- CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for advanced practitioners — not managers — at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
- Unlike other certifications, CASP+ covers both security architecture and engineering – CASP+ is the only certification on the market that qualifies technical leaders to assess cyber readiness within an enterprise, and design and implement the proper solutions to ensure the organization is ready for the next attack.
About the Exam
CASP+ is an advanced-level cybersecurity certification covering technical skills in security architecture and senior security engineering in traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments, governance, risk, and compliance skills, assessing an enterprise’s cybersecurity readiness, and leading technical teams to implement enterprise-wide cybersecurity solutions. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
- Architect, engineer, integrate, and implement secure solutions across complex environments to support a resilient enterprise
- Use monitoring, detection, incident response, and automation to proactively support ongoing security operations in an enterprise environment
- Apply security practices to cloud, on-premises, endpoint, and mobile infrastructure, while considering cryptographic technologies and techniques
- Consider the impact of governance, risk, and compliance requirements throughout the enterprise
CASP+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation, because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 2.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
What Skills Will You Learn?
Expanded coverage to analyze security requirements in hybrid networks to work toward an enterprise-wide, zero trust security architecture with advanced secure cloud and virtualization solutions.
Expanded emphasis on newer techniques addressing advanced threat management, vulnerability management, risk mitigation, incident response tactics, and digital forensics analysis.
GOVERNANCE, RISK, AND COMPLIANCE
Expanded to support advanced techniques to prove an organization’s overall cybersecurity resiliency metric and compliance to regulations, such as CMMC, PCI-DSS, SOX, HIPAA, GDPR, FISMA, NIST, and CCPA.
SECURITY ENGINEERING AND CRYPTOGRAPHY
Expanded to focus on advanced cybersecurity configurations for endpoint security controls, enterprise mobility, cloud/hybrid environments, and enterprise-wide PKI and cryptographic solutions.
Jobs that use CASP+
Senior Security Engineer
CASP+ Exam Prepration
The Official CompTIA CASP+ Student Guide has been developed by CompTIA for the CompTIA certification candidate. Rigorously evaluated by third party subject matter experts to validate coverage of the CASP+ exam objectives, The Official CompTIA CASP+ Student Guide teaches the essential skills and information needed to troubleshoot and problem solve, helps learners understand a wide variety of issues ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security, and prepares candidates to take the CompTIA CASP+ certification exam (CAS-003).
Content mapped to CASP+ exam objectives (CAS-003)
Hands-on Activities designed to put knowledge into practice
Videos developed exclusively for CompTIA by ITPro.TV
Practice questions that check for understanding
Access to the CompTIA Learning Center
Table of Contents
Lesson 1: Supporting IT Governance and Risk Management
Lesson 2: Leveraging Collaboration to Support Security
Lesson 3: Using Research and Analysis to Secure the Enterprise
Lesson 4: Integrating Advanced Authentication and Authorization Techniques
Lesson 5: Implementing Cryptographic Techniques
Lesson 6: Implementing Security Controls for Hosts
Lesson 7: Implementing Security Controls for Mobile Devices
Lesson 8: Implementing Network Security
Lesson 9: Implementing Security in the Systems and Software Development Lifecycle
Lesson 10: Integrating Assets in a Secure Enterprise Architecture
Lesson 11: Conducting Security Assessments
Lesson 12: Responding to and Recovering from Incidents
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA CASP Certification Exam CAS-003
To receive physical copy of Text Book:
Accessing the Course Materials
Print books are shipped within 2 business days.
Along with the print, you will also have access to the CompTIA Learning Center, the online platform what you can access an eBook version of the text with digital materials as described above. An access key and instructions for acessing the CompTIA Learning Center are emailed within 3-4 hours of purchase. The eBook is provided in a interactive online version, along with a downloadable PDF.
An access key and instructions for accessing the CompTIA Learning Center, the onlineplatform through which the eBook and all digital material, will be delivered, by email. The eBook is provided in an interactive online version, along with a a downloadable PDF.