We can be reached directly via email or phone.
Please call 301.857-3611, to inquire about our services. We welcome your comments, volunteering opportunities, and partnership inquiries, so please complete the contact form and someone will get back to you.
Cisco DevNet Associate
Cisco Certified DevNet Associate is your entry into a career in network automation. This course develops your ability to implement basic network applications using Cisco platforms as a base, and to implement automation workflows across network, security, collaboration, and computing infrastructure. The Cisco Certified DevNet Associate course gives you the know-how you need and industry recognition that translates into jobs.
The DevNet Associate course introduces the methodologies and tools of modern software development, applied to the IT and Network operations. It covers a 360 view of the domain including microservices, testing, containers and DevOps, as well as securely automating infrastructures with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). Students completing this course, gain practical, relevant, hands-on lab experience, including programming in Python, using GIT and common data formats (JSON, XML and YAML), deploying applications as containers, using Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines and automating infrastructure using code.
The course is appropriate for students at many education levels and by the end of the course, students will be prepared to:
• Practice software development skills, including Python, GIT, and common data formats (XML, JSON, and YAML).
• Become familiar with infrastructure automation using code, DevOps methodology, and microservices.
• Deploy applications as containers and use Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
• Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills using Cisco Packet Tracer and virtual machines.
What Skills Will You Learn?
• Use basic Python programming and Linux skills.
• Implement a development environment using DevNet resources.
• Use software development and design best practices.
• Create a secure REST API.
• Explain the processes and devices that support network connectivity.
• Use current technologies to deploy and secure applications and data in a cloud environment.
• Compare software testing and deployment methods in automation and simulation environments.
• Compare Cisco platforms used for collaboration, infrastructure management, and automation
This course is intended for prospective Systems and Network Administrators roles including:
Network automation engineer
System integration programmer
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: The DevNet Developer Environment
Module 3: Software Development and Design
Module 4: Understanding and Using APIs
Module 5: Network Fundamentals
Module 6: Application Deployment and Security
Module 7: Infrastructure and Automation
Module 8: Cisco Platforms and Development
COURSE LENGTH OPTIONS:
8 WEEKS – MON & WED – 6-9PM
16 WEEKS – SAT – 1PM-4PM
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS:
VIRTUAL & LIVE
No formal prerequisites
Cisco DevNet Associate Certification
Included with course
1450 Mercantile Lane, Suite 157
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774