We can be reached directly via email or phone.
Please call 301.857-3611, to inquire about our services. We welcome your comments, volunteering opportunities, and partnership inquiries, so please complete the contact form and someone will get back to you.
Cisco IT Essentials
The Fundamentals of Connecting Computers to Networks
Imagine building a computer then connecting it securely to a network. This exciting first step could lead to a rewarding IT career. Because a sure way to excel—no matter which area of IT you choose—is to learn the right computer fundamentals. IT Essentials covers this as well as shares the career skills needed for entry-level IT jobs. You’ll enjoy working with Cisco Networking Academy advanced simulation tools and having multiple hands-on labs that hone your troubleshooting skills. No prerequisites or computer knowledge required.
You’ll Learn These Core Skills:
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot computers and mobile devices.
- Identify common security threats like phishing and spoofing.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills using both real equipment and Cisco Packet Tracer.
- Prepare for CompTIA A+ Certification.
The IT Essentials (ITE) course introduces students to the fundamentals of computer hardware and software, mobile devices, security and networking concepts, and the responsibilities of an IT professional. The latest release includes mobile devices, Linux, and client side virtualization, as well as expanded information about Microsoft Windows operating systems, security, networking, and troubleshooting.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the internal components of a computer and assemble a computer system.
- Install and understand operating systems on computers and mobile devices.
- Connect to the Internet and share resources in a networked environment.
- Troubleshoot using system tools and diagnostic software.
This is an entry-level course, vut students should possess:
• General IT technical knowledge
• General IT business knowledge
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Included with course
9831 Greenbelt Road, Suite 311
Lanham, MD 20706