We can be reached directly via email or phone.
Please call 301.857-3611, to inquire about our services. We welcome your comments, volunteering opportunities, and partnership inquiries, so please complete the contact form and someone will get back to you.
Cisco Network Security
Today’s organizations are challenged with rapidly responding to immerging network security threats. Security personnel configure and monitor various network security threat mitigation measures, such as device hardening, intrusion prevention systems, and firewalls, to protect data assets and network systems from attack. The purpose of this course is to provide skills and knowledge in the field of network security. Learners in this course are exposed to the foundational knowledge required to respond to network security threats through various threat mitigation measures.
The course is appropriate for students at many education levels and by the end of the course, students will be prepared to:
• Provide an in-depth, theoretical understanding of network security
• Provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to design and support network security
• Provide an experience-oriented course that employs industry-relevant instructional approaches to prepare students for entry-level jobs in the industry
• Enable students to have significant hands-on interaction with IT equipment to prepare them for exams and career opportunities.
What Skills Will You Learn?
• Develop an in-depth understanding of network security.
• Design, implement, and support security for networked devices and data.
• Earn critical thinking and problem-solving skills using real equipment and Cisco Packet Tracer.
• Gain industry recognized skills aligned with the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework.
Module 1: Securing Networks
Module 2: Network Threats
Module 3: Mitigating Threats
Module 4: Secure Device Access
Module 5: Assign Administrative Roles
Module 6: Device Monitoring and Management
Module 7: Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA)
Module 8: Access Control Lists
Module 9: Firewall Technologies
Module 10: Zone-Based Policy Firewalls
Module 11: IPS Technologies
Module 12: IPS Operation and Implementation
Module 13: Endpoint Security
Module 14: Layer 2 Security Considerations
Module 15: Cryptographic Services
Module 16: Basic Integrity and Authenticity
Module 17: Public Key Cryptography
Module 18: VPNs
Module 19: Implement Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs with CLI
Module 20: Introduction to the ASA
Module 21: ASA Firewall Configuration
Module 22: Network Security Testing
COURSE LENGTH OPTIONS:
8 WEEKS – MON & WED – 6-9PM
16 WEEKS – SAT – 1PM-4PM
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS:
VIRTUAL & LIVE
No formal prerequisites. Basic understanding of computer networks (CCNA, CompTIA Network+ or equivalent knowledge).
1450 Mercantile Lane, Suite 157
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774