Will You Answer the Call to Protect Networks?
Uncovering cybercrime, cyber espionage, and other networking threats are just some of the exciting cybersecurity jobs spanning across every industry. Learn the skills to join this fast-growing field and take advantage of the opportunities found in security operation centers. Feel confident that you are helping make the world a safer place by pursuing a role in this field.
In this course you will learn security concepts, security monitoring, host-based analysis, network intrusion analysis, and security policies procedures. This course also aligns with the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Cybersecurity Workforce Framework to support consistent communication language for cybersecurity education, training, and workforce development.
The CyberOps Associate curriculum provides an introduction to the knowledge and skills needed for a Security Analyst working with a Security Operations Center team. It teaches core security skills needed for monitoring, detecting, investigating, analyzing, and responding to security events, thus protecting systems and organizations from cybersecurity risks, threats, and vulnerabilities. It includes an optional skills challenge to practice cybersecurity operations knowledge in a fun and engaging environment.
By the end of the course, students will be prepared to:
- Understand cybersecurity operations network principles, roles, and responsibilities as well as the related technologies, tools, regulations, and frameworks available.
- Apply knowledge and skills to monitor, detect, investigate, analyze, and respond to security incidents.
- Apply for entry-level jobs as Associate Security Analyst and Incident Responder.
- Take the Cisco Certified CyberOps Certification exam.
CyberOps Associate is a hands-on, career-oriented course with an emphasis on practical experience to help students develop specialized skills to successfully handle the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of an associate-level Security Analyst working in a Security Operations Center (SOC). This 70-hour, instructor-led course includes:
- 28 Modules and 46 hands-on labs
- 110+ interactive activities, videos, & quizzes
- 6 Cisco Packet Tracer activities
- 1 practice certification exam
CyberOps Associate students should have the following skills and knowledge:
• PC and internet navigation skills
• Basic Windows and Linux system concepts
• Basic understanding of computer networks
• Binary and Hexadecimal understanding.
Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate (CBROPS)
You'll Learn These Core Skills:
- Deepen knowledge in how best to detect and respond to security incidents.
- Gain job-ready, practical skills in cybersecurity operations.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills using real equipment and Cisco Packet Tracer.
- Prepare for Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate Certification.
- Module 01: The Danger
- Module 02: Fighters in the War Against Cybercrime
- Module 03: The Windows Operating System
- Module 04: Linux Overview
- Module 05: Network Protocols
- Module 06: Ethernet and Internet Protocol (IP)
- Module 07: Principles of Network Security
- Module 08: Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)
- Module 09: The Transport Layer
- Module 10: Network Services
- Module 11: Network Communication Devices
- Module 12: Network Security Infrastructure
- Module 13: Attackers and Their Tools
- Module 14: Common Threats and Attacks
- Module 15: VPN and IPsec Concepts
- Module 16: Attacking the Foundation
- Module 17: Attacking What We Do
- Module 18: Understanding Defense
- Module 19: Access Control
- Module 20: Threat Intelligence
- Module 21: Cryptography
- Module 22: Endpoint Protection
- Module 23: Endpoint Vulnerability Assessment
- Module 24: Technologies and Protocols
- Module 25: Network Security Data
- Module 26: Evaluating Alerts
- Module 27: Working with Network Security Data
- Module 28: Digital Forensics and Incident Analysis and Response
9831 Greenbelt Road, Suite 311
Lanham, MD 20706