Programming Essentials in Python
Learn Python, the versatile programming language
How great would it be to write your own computer program? Python is a multi-paradigm programming language used by startups and tech giants like Google, Facebook, Netflix, and more. With intuitive, readable syntax, Python is a great first programming language to learn.
Programming skills open you up to careers in almost any industry and are required if you want to continue to more advanced and higher paying software development and engineering roles.
This course is a great place to start learning Python – no prior programming knowledge required. Completing the course earns you a Statement of Achievement. It is split into two parts preparing you for two certifications:
Part 1 (PE1: 35 hours) prepares you for PCEP – Certified Entry-Level Python Programmer Certification.
Part 2 (PE2: 40 hours) prepares you for PCAP – Certified Associate in Python Programming Certification.
Python is a general-purpose programming language used to build just about anything. Python is key for backend web development, data analysis, artificial intelligence and scientific computing, all of which are key for pursuing IT careers.
Programming Essentials in Python you learn to design, write, debug, and run programs encoded in the Python language. No prior programming knowledge is required. The course begins with the very basics guiding you step by step until you become adept at solving more complex problems.
The course includes hands-on practice activities and over 35 lab exercises to reinforce learning, quizzes and chapter assessments, and pre-final and final tests to measure understanding
There are no predefined eligibility criteria for those interested in attempting the Intro to Cybersecurity course.
- Python Entry-Level Python Programming (PCEP)
- Python Certified Associate Programmer (PCAP)
You'll Learn These Core Skills:
- Develop a working knowledge for how computers operate and how computer programs are executed.
- Evolve critical thinking and problem-solving skills using an algorithmic approach.
- Learn about the the programmer’s role in the software development process.
- Translate real-world issues into computer-solvable problems.
- Module 01: Course Introduction
- Module 02: The DevNet Developer Environment
- Module 03: Software Development and Design
- Module 04: Understanding and Using APIs
- Module 05: Network Fundamentals
- Module 06: Application Deployment and Security
- Module 07: Infrastructure and Automation
- Module 08: Cisco Platforms and Development
9831 Greenbelt Road, Suite 311
Lanham, MD 20706