Self-Study | In-Person
CompTIA Data+ is an early-career data analytics certification for professionals tasked with developing and promoting data-driven business decision-making.
$795.00 – $1,795.00
Differentiate yourself with Data+
Better Analyze and Interpret Data
Mine data more effectively. Analyze with rigor. Avoid confounding results.
Highlight what’s important. Produce reports that persuade, not confuse. Help the team make better data-driven decisions.
Make yourself a more valuable team member. Proof of data literacy means you’re more employable and more upwardly mobile.
Self-Study or In-Person
18–24 months of experience in a report/business analyst job role, exposure to databases and analytical tools, a basic understanding of statistics, and data visualization experience for those interested in attempting the CompTIA Data+ course.
What you’ll learn with Data+
CompTIA Data+ gives you the confidence to bring data analysis to life.
As the importance for data analytics grows, more job roles are required to set context and better communicate vital business intelligence. Collecting, analyzing, and reporting on data can drive priorities and lead business decision-making. CompTIA Data+ validates certified professionals have the skills required to facilitate data-driven business decisions, including:
- Mining data
- Manipulating data
- Visualizing and reporting data
- Applying basic statistical methods
- Analyzing complex datasets while adhering to governance and quality standards throughout the entire data life cycle.
What Skills Will You Learn?
Data Concepts and Environments
- Boost your knowledge in identifying basic concepts of data schemas and dimensions while understanding the difference between common data structures and file formats
- Grow your skills to explain data acquisition concepts, reasons for cleansing and profiling datasets, executing data manipulation, and understanding techniques for data manipulation
- Gain the ability to apply the appropriate descriptive statistical methods and summarize types of analysis and critical analysis techniques
- Learn how to translate business requirements to form the appropriate visualization in the form of a report or dashboard with the proper design components
Data Governance, Quality, & Controls
- Increase your ability to summarize important data governance concepts and apply data quality control concepts.
- Module 01: Identifying Basic Concepts of Data Schemas
- Module 02: Understanding Different Data Systems
- Module 03: Understanding Types and Characteristics of Data
- Module 04: Comparing and Contrasting Different Data Structures, Formats, and Markup Languages
- Module 05: Explaining Data Integration and Collection Methods
- Module 06: Identifying Common Reasons for Cleansing and Profiling Data
- Module 07: Executing Different Data Manipulation Techniques
- Module 08: Explaining Common Techniques for Data Manipulation and Optimization
- Module 09: Applying Descriptive Statistical Methods
- Module 10: Describing Key Analysis Techniques
- Module 11: Understanding the Use of Different Statistical Methods
- Module 12: Using the Appropriate Type of Visualization
- Module 13: Expressing Business Requirements in a Report Format
- Module 14: Designing Components for Reports and Dashboards
- Module 15: Distinguishing Different Report Types
- Module 16: Summarizing the Importance of Data Governance
- Module 17: Applying Quality Control to Data
- Module 18: Explaining Master Data Management Concepts
9831 Greenbelt Road, Suite 311
Lanham, MD 20706