We can be reached directly via email or phone.
Please call 301.857-3611, to inquire about our services. We welcome your comments, volunteering opportunities, and partnership inquiries, so please complete the contact form and someone will get back to you.
Cisco Cybersecurity Essentials
Learn the Basics Needed to Fight Cybercrime
A single breach can have huge consequences for a company, hurting the bottom line and causing disruption in the daily lives of millions of people. That is why the demand for security professionals continues to grow. Get onboard—and develop an understanding of cybercrime, security principles, technologies, and procedures used to defend networks. Then decide whether you want to pursue an entry-level networking or security professional role.
You’ll Learn These Core Skills:
- Understand security controls for networks, servers and applications.
- Learn valuable security principals and how to develop compliant policies.
- Implement proper procedures for data confidentiality and availability.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills using real equipment and Cisco Packet Tracer
The Cybersecurity Essentials course develops foundational understanding of cybersecurity and how it relates to information and network security. The course introduces students to characteristics of cyber crime, security principles, technologies, and procedures to defend networks. Through interactive, multimedia content, lab activities, and multi-industry case studies, students build technical and professional skills to pursue careers in cybersecurity.
- Learn procedures to implement data confidentiality, integrity, availability and security controls on networks, servers and applications.
- Understand security principles and how to develop security policies that comply with cybersecurity laws.
- Apply skills through practice, using labs and Cisco Packet Tracer activities.
- Get immediate feedback on your work through built-in quizzes and tests.
- Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community.
This is an entry-level course, vut students should possess:
• General IT technical knowledge
• General IT business knowledge
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Included with course
9831 Greenbelt Road, Suite 311
Lanham, MD 20706