We can be reached directly via email or phone.
Please call 301.857-3611, to inquire about our services. We welcome your comments, volunteering opportunities, and partnership inquiries, so please complete the contact form and someone will get back to you.
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats through continuous security monitoring.
As attackers have learned to evade traditional signature-based solutions, such as firewalls and anti-virus software, an analytics-based approach within the IT security industry is increasingly important for organizations. CompTIA CySA+ applies behavioral analytics to networks to improve the overall state of security through identifying and combating malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in an enhanced threat visibility across a broad attack surface. It will validate an IT professional’s ability to proactively defend and continuously improve the security of an organization. CySA+ will verify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to:
• Leverage intelligence and threat detection techniques
• Analyze and interpret data
• Identify and address vulnerabilities
• Suggest preventative measures
• Effectively respond to and recover from incidents.
Why is it different?
• CompTIA CySA+ is the only intermediate high-stakes cybersecurity analyst certification with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice questions.
• CySA+ focuses on the candidates ability to not only proactively capture, monitor, and respond to network traffic findings, but also emphasizes software and application security, automation, threat hunting, and IT regulatory compliance, which affects the daily work of security analysts.
• CySA+ covers the most up-to-date core security analyst skills and upcoming job skills used by threat intelligence analysts, application security analysts, compliance analysts, incident responders/handlers, and threat hunters, bringing new techniques for combating threats inside and outside of the Security Operations Center (SOC).
What Skills Will You Learn?
Threat and Vulnerability Management
Utilize and apply proactive threat intelligence to support organizational security and perform vulnerability management activities
Software and Systems Security
Apply security solutions for infrastructure management and explain software & hardware assurance best practices
Compliance and Assessment
Apply security concepts in support of organizational risk mitigation and understand the importance of frameworks, policies, procedures, and controls
Security Operations and Monitoring
Analyze data as part of continuous security monitoring activities and implement configuration changes to existing controls to improve security
Apply the appropriate incident response procedure, analyze potential indicators of compromise, and utilize basic digital forensics techniques
This course is intended for prospective Security Operations/Support roles including:
• Security analyst
-Tier II SOC analyst
• Threat intelligence analyst
• Security engineer
• Application security analyst
• Incident response or handler
Module 1: Explaining the Importance of Security Controls and Security Intelligence
Module 2: Utilizing Threat Data and Intelligence
Module 3: Analyzing Security Monitoring Data
Module 4: Collecting and Querying Security Monitoring Data
Module 5: Utilizing Digital Forensics and Indicator Analysis Techniques
Module 6: Applying Incident Response Procedures
Module 7: Applying Risk Mitigation and Security Frameworks
Module 8: Performing Vulnerability Management
Module 9: Applying Security Solutions for Infrastructure Management
Module 10: Understanding Data Privacy and Protection
Module 11: Applying Security Solutions for Software Assurance
Module 12: Applying Security Solutions for Cloud and Automations
COURSE LENGTH OPTIONS:
8 WEEKS – MON & WED – 6-9PM
16 WEEKS – SAT – 1PM-4PM
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS:
VIRTUAL & LIVE
Although there are no prerequisites for CompTIA CySA+, we recommend a minimum of three-to-four years of hands-on information security or related experience before taking the exam. CompTIA CySA+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus
CompTIA CySA+ CS0-002
Included with course
1450 Mercantile Lane, Suite 157
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774