CompTIA Cloud Essentials+
Self-Study | In-Person
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ is for both IT and non-technical professionals who require the essential business acumen needed to make informed cloud service decisions.
$350.00 – $995.00
Why is Cloud Essentials+ Different?
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ is the only internationally recognized, vendor-neutral certification utilizing key business principles and fundamental cloud concepts that validate data-driven cloud recommendations. It stands alone in this field by demonstrating that all necessary staff members – not just the IT specialists – understand how to increase efficiency, manage costs, and reduce security risks for organizations whenever tasked with making current cloud technology decisions.
Self-Study or In-Person
Between six months to a year of work experience as a business analyst in an IT environment with some exposure to cloud technologies for those interested in attempting the CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ course.
About the exam
Business analysts and IT pros alike are consistently called upon to assist their organization in determining which cloud service provider(s) to use, what to migrate to the cloud, and when to implement. Collecting and analyzing cloud products and services information is essential when making operational cloud business decisions. The financial and operational impacts covered by Cloud Essentials+ ensure an ability to develop and implement solid cloud strategies. CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ will show that successful candidates:
- Have the knowledge and understanding of the foundational business and technical components included in a cloud assessment
- Understand specific security concerns and measures
- Comprehend new technology concepts, solutions, and benefits to an organization.
What Skills Will You Learn?
- Explain cloud principles, identify cloud networking concepts and storage techniques, and understand cloud design aspects.
Business Principles of Cloud Environments
- Identify and employ appropriate cloud assessments like feasibility studies, benchmarking, or gap analysis, highlight key business aspects of cloud vendor relation adoption, and comprehend cloud migration approaches.
Management and Technical Operations
- Explain aspects of operating within the cloud, such as data management or optimization and understand the role of DevOps in cloud environments, like API integration or provisioning.
Governance, Risk, Compliance and Security for the Cloud
- Understand risk management and response concepts related to cloud services and identify the importance and impacts of compliance in the cloud, such as regulatory concerns or international standards.
- Module 1: Understanding Cloud Computing Concepts
- Module 2: Applying Cloud Business Principles
- Module 3: Advising a Cloud Design and Migration
- Module 4: Operating in the Cloud
- Module 5: Managing Cloud Governance
9831 Greenbelt Road, Suite 311
Lanham, MD 20706