Self-Study | In-Person
CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) is an introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills.
$350.00 – $795.00
Why is it different?
CompTIA ITF+ helps professionals to decide if a career in IT is right for them or to develop a broader understanding of IT.
- ITF+ is the only pre-career certification that helps students or career changers determine if they have a competency for information technology and if it is the right career path for them.
- ITF+ is the only single certification that covers all areas of IT foundations, creating a broader understanding of IT making it ideal for non-technical professionals.
- ITF+ establishes an IT education framework for students in secondary and post-secondary settings.
About the exam
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity
- Identifying common software applications and their purpose
- Using security and web browsing best practices
This exam is intended for candidates who are advanced end users and/or are considering a career in IT. The exam is also a good fit for individuals interested in pursuing professional-level certifications, such as A+.to deliver a mix of vendor-neutral and vendor-specific cloud security concepts. The vendor-neutral concepts focus on cloud security practices, technologies, frameworks, and principles. In contrast, the vendor-specific materials deliver the practical skills that are needed to configure specific platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). This offers candidates a well-balanced mix of theoretical and practical skills. In addition, advanced topics also cover modules on securing the cloud infrastructure by implementing regulations and standards to maintain security. EC-Council’s cloud security course is mapped to the real-time job roles and responsibilities of cloud security professionals and is ideal for beginners as well as experienced cybersecurity professionals.
Self-Study or In-Person
No prior experience necessary for those interested in attempting the CompTIA IT Fundamentals course.
What you will learn:
IT CONCEPTS & TERMINOLOGY
- Comprehend notational systems, illustrate the basics of computing and explain the value of data and troubleshooting
- Know how to set up and install common peripheral devices to a laptop/PC or secure a basic wireless network.
APPLICATIONS & SOFTWARE
- Manage applications software, understand the various components of an operating system and explain the purpose of methods of application architecture.
- Comprehend programming language categories, interpret logic, and understand the purpose of programming concepts.
- Able to explain database concepts, structures, and purpose, as well as understands methods used to interface
- Understand confidentiality, integrity, and availability concerns of secure devices and best practice methods.
Who would benefit from ITF+?
- Students considering a career in IT.
- Professionals working in fields that require a broad understanding of IT.
- Marketing, sales and operations staff in IT-based organizations.
- Module 01: Using Computers
- Module 02: Using Apps and Database
- Module 03: Using Computer Hardware
- Module 04: Using Networks
- Module 05: Security Concepts
9831 Greenbelt Road, Suite 311
Lanham, MD 20706