Self-Study | In-Person
Security+ opens the door to your cybersecurity career!
$795.00 – $1,995.00
CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
Why is it different?
- More choose Security+ – chosen by more corporations and defense organizations than any other certification on the market to validate baseline security skills and for fulfilling the DoD 8570 compliance.
- Security+ proves hands-on skills – the only baseline cybersecurity certification emphasizing hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of today’s complex issues.
- More job roles turn to Security+ to supplement skills – baseline cybersecurity skills are applicable across more of today’s job roles to secure systems, software and hardware.
- Security+ is aligned to the latest trends and techniques – covering the most core technical skills in risk assessment and management, incident response, forensics, enterprise networks, hybrid/cloud operations, and security controls, ensuring high-performance on the job.
Self-Study or In-Person
The CompTIA Network+ Certification (or equivalent knowledge).
18 to 24 months of experience in IT administration with a security focus for those interested in attempting the CompTIA Security+ course.
About the exam
CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification a candidate should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on troubleshooting, ensuring candidates have practical security problem-solving skills required to:
- Assess the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- Operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance
- Identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents
Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation, because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 2.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
What Skills Will You Learn?
Attacks, Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Focusing on more threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities on the Internet from newer custom devices that must be mitigated, such as IoT and embedded devices, newer DDoS attacks, and social engineering attacks based on current events.
Architecture and Design
- Includes coverage of enterprise environments and reliance on the cloud, which is growing quickly as organizations transition to hybrid networks.
- Expanded to focus on administering identity, access management, PKI, basic cryptography, wireless, and end-to-end security.
Operations and Incident Response
- Covering organizational security assessment and incident response procedures, such as basic threat detection, risk mitigation techniques, security controls, and basic digital forensics.
Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Expanded to support organizational risk management and compliance to regulations, such as PCI-DSS, SOX, HIPAA, GDPR, FISMA, NIST, and CCPA.
- Module 01: Comparing Security Roles and Security Controls
- Module 02: Explaining Threat Actors and Threat Intelligence
- Module 03: Performing Security Assessments
- Module 04: Identifying Social Engineering and Malware
- Module 05: Summarizing Basic Cryptographic Concepts
- Module 06: Implementing Public Key Infrastructure
- Module 07: Implementing Authentication Controls
- Module 08: Implementing Identity and Account Management Controls
- Module 09: Implementing Secure Network Design
- Module 10: Implementing Network Security Appliances
- Module 11: Implementing Secure Network Protocols
- Module 12: Implementing Host Security Solutions
- Module 13: Implementing Secure Mobile Solutions
- Module 14: Summarizing Secure Application Concepts
- Module 15: Implementing Secure Cloud Solutions
- Module 16: Explaining Data Privacy and Protection Concepts
- Module 17: Performing Incident Response
- Module 18: Explaining Digital Forensics
- Module 19: Summarizing Risk Management Concepts
- Module 20: Implementing Cybersecurity Resilience
- Module 21: Explaining Physical Security
9831 Greenbelt Road, Suite 311
Lanham, MD 20706