Software Skills That Transform IT Infrastructure
Embark on your journey to DevNet Associate certification. Develop software skills needed to become a vital part of today’s IT teams. You’ll learn the best practices of modern software development practices, DevOps, and how to securely interact with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to automate existing manual processes with only a few lines of code.
The DevNet Associate course introduces the methodologies and tools of modern software development, applied to the IT and Network operations. It covers a 360 view of the domain including microservices, testing, containers and DevOps, as well as securely automating infrastructures with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). Students completing this course, gain practical, relevant, hands-on lab experience, including programming in Python, using GIT and common data formats (JSON, XML and YAML), deploying applications as containers, using Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines and automating infrastructure using code. The course prepares students for entry-level software development and infrastructure automation jobs and prepares them for the DevNet Associate certification exam.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Use basic Python programming and Linux skills.
- Implement a development environment using DevNet resources.
- Use software development and design best practices.
- Create a secure REST API.
- Explain the processes and devices that support network connectivity.
- Use current technologies to deploy and secure applications and data in a cloud environment.
- Compare software testing and deployment methods in automation and simulation environments.
- Compare Cisco platforms used for collaboration, infrastructure management, and automation.
This 70-hour, instructor-led course includes:
- 8 Modules with 6 Videos, 23 Hands-on Labs and 5 Cisco Packet Tracer Activities,
- 8 Quizzes, 8 Module Exam, Practice Final Exam, Final Exam, Skills Based Assessment,
- Practice Exam for DEVASC Certification.
• Basic coding skills in any object-oriented programming language (loops, if/else, objects, etc.)
• Basic understanding of computer networks, Cisco Introduction to Networks
• Basic PC operating system navigation skills
• Basic internet usage skills
Cisco DevNet Associate
You'll Learn These Core Skills:
- Practice software development skills, including Python, GIT, and common data formats (XML, JSON, and YAML).
- Become familiar with infrastructure automation using code, DevOps methodology, and microservices.
- Deploy applications as containers and use Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills using Cisco Packet Tracer and virtual machines.
- Module 01: Course Introduction
- Module 02: The DevNet Developer Environment
- Module 03: Software Development and Design
- Module 04: Understanding and Using APIs
- Module 05: Network Fundamentals
- Module 06: Application Deployment and Security
- Module 07: Infrastructure and Automation
- Module 08: Cisco Platforms and Development
9831 Greenbelt Road, Suite 311
Lanham, MD 20706