Enhance Your Skillset, Whatever Path You Take
Networking is at the heart of the digital transformation. The network is essential to many business functions today, including business critical data and operations, cybersecurity, and so much more. A wide variety of career paths rely on the network — so it’s important to understand what the network can do, how it operates, and how to protect it.
This is a great course for developers, data scientists, cybersecurity specialists, and other professionals looking to broaden their networking domain knowledge. It’s also an excellent launching point for students pursuing a wide range of career pathways – from cybersecurity to software development to business and more.
The students should have a basic understanding of how to use a computer and browse the internet.
You'll Learn These Core Skills:
- Plan and install a home or small business network using wireless technology, then connect it to the Internet.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills using Cisco Packet Tracer.
- Practice verifying and troubleshooting network and Internet connectivity.
- Recognize and mitigate security threats to a home network.
- Module 01: Communications in a Connected World
- Module 02: Online Connections
- Module 03: Explore Networks with Packet Tracer
- Module 04: Build A Simple Network
- Module 05: Communication Principles
- Module 06: Network Design and the Access Layer
- Module 07: Routing Between Networks
- Module 08: The Internet Protocol
- Module 09: Dynamic Addressing with DHCP
- Module 10: IPv4 and IPv6 Address Management
- Module 11: Transport Layer Services
- Module 12: Application Layer Services
- Module 13: Build a Home Network
- Module 14: Connect to the Internet
- Module 15: Security Considerations
- Module 16: Configure Network and Device Security
- Module 17: Cisco Switches and Routers
- Module 18: The Cisco IOS Command Line
- Module 19: Build a Small Cisco Network
- Module 20: Troubleshoot Common Network Problems
9831 Greenbelt Road, Suite 311
Lanham, MD 20706