Secure and Protect Networks
Picture yourself as a security professional with the mission to protect your company’s data from theft, damage, or disruption. Potential harm can come from a variety of sources. And the risk can quickly scale to a high-consequence event where you’ll have to react using the right knowledge. Network Security prepares you for tasks like these by developing the skills needed to design, implement and support security for network devices and ensure their integrity. Start building your expertise today and become an in-demand security professional tomorrow!
Today’s organizations are challenged with rapidly responding to immerging network security threats. Security personnel configure and monitor various network security threat mitigation measures, such as device hardening, intrusion prevention systems, and firewalls, to protect data assets and network systems from attack. The purpose of this course is to provide skills and knowledge in the field of network security. Learners in this course are exposed to the foundational knowledge required to respond to network security threats through various threat mitigation measures.
The goals of this 70-hour course are as follows:
- Provide an in-depth, theoretical understanding of network security
- Provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to design and support network security
- Provide an experience-oriented course that employs industry-relevant instructional approaches to prepare students for entry-level jobs in the industry
- Enable students to have significant hands-on interaction with IT equipment to prepare them for exams and career opportunities
• Basic coding skills in any object-oriented programming language (loops, if/else, objects, etc.)
• Basic understanding of computer networks, Cisco Introduction to Networks
• Basic PC operating system navigation skills
• Basic internet usage skills
Cisco DevNet Associate
You'll Learn These Core Skills:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of network security.
- Design, implement, and support security for networked devices and data.
- Earn critical thinking and problem-solving skills using real equipment and Cisco Packet Tracer.
- Gain industry recognized skills aligned with the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework.
- Module 01: Course Introduction
- Module 02: The DevNet Developer Environment
- Module 03: Software Development and Design
- Module 04: Understanding and Using APIs
- Module 05: Network Fundamentals
- Module 06: Application Deployment and Security
- Module 07: Infrastructure and Automation
- Module 08: Cisco Platforms and Development
9831 Greenbelt Road, Suite 311
Lanham, MD 20706