Self-Study | In-Person
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is an advanced-level cybersecurity certification for security architects and senior security engineers charged with leading and improving an enterprise’s cybersecurity readiness.
$795.00 – $2,495.00
Why is CASP+ Different?
- CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for advanced practitioners — not managers — at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
- Unlike other certifications, CASP+ covers both security architecture and engineering – CASP+ is the only certification on the market that qualifies technical leaders to assess cyber readiness within an enterprise, and design and implement the proper solutions to ensure the organization is ready for the next attack.
Self-Study or In-Person
A minimum of ten years of general hands-on IT experience, with at least five years of broad hands-on security experience for those interested in attempting the CompTIA CASP+ course.
About the exam
CASP+ is an advanced-level cybersecurity certification covering technical skills in security architecture and senior security engineering in traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments, governance, risk, and compliance skills, assessing an enterprise’s cybersecurity readiness, and leading technical teams to implement enterprise-wide cybersecurity solutions. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
- Architect, engineer, integrate, and implement secure solutions across complex environments to support a resilient enterprise
- Use monitoring, detection, incident response, and automation to proactively support ongoing security operations in an enterprise environment
- Apply security practices to cloud, on-premises, endpoint, and mobile infrastructure, while considering cryptographic technologies and techniques
- Consider the impact of governance, risk, and compliance requirements throughout the enterprise
CASP+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation, because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 2.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011..
What Skills Will You Learn?
- Expanded coverage to analyze security requirements in hybrid networks to work toward an enterprise-wide, zero trust security architecture with advanced secure cloud and virtualization solutions.
- Expanded emphasis on newer techniques addressing advanced threat management, vulnerability management, risk mitigation, incident response tactics, and digital forensics analysis.
Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Expanded to support advanced techniques to prove an organization’s overall cybersecurity resiliency metric and compliance to regulations, such as CMMC, PCI-DSS, SOX, HIPAA, GDPR, FISMA, NIST, and CCPA.
Security Engineering and Cryptography
- Expanded to focus on advanced cybersecurity configurations for endpoint security controls, enterprise mobility, cloud/hybrid environments, and enterprise-wide PKI and cryptographic solutions.
- Module 1 Perform Risk Management Activities
- Module 2 Summarizing Governance & Compliance Strategies
- Module 3 Footprinting and Gathering Intelligence
- Module 4 Identifying Infrastructure Services
- Module 5 Performing Software Integration
- Module 6 Explain Virtualization, Cloud and Emerging Technology
- Module 7 Exploring Secure Configurations and System Hardening
- Module 8 Understanding Security Considerations of Cloud and Specialized Platforms
- Module 9 Implementing Cryptography
- Module 10 Implementing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Module 11 Architecting Secure Endpoints
- Module 12 Summarizing IIoT & IoT Concepts
9831 Greenbelt Road, Suite 311
Lanham, MD 20706