Self-Study | In-Person
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats through continuous security monitoring.Security+ opens the door to your cybersecurity career!
$795.00 – $1,995.00
Why is it different?
- CompTIA CySA+ is the only intermediate high-stakes cybersecurity analyst certification with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice questions.
- CySA+ focuses on the candidates ability to not only proactively capture, monitor, and respond to network traffic findings, but also emphasizes software and application security, automation, threat hunting, and IT regulatory compliance, which affects the daily work of security analysts.
- CySA+ covers the most up-to-date core security analyst skills and upcoming job skills used by threat intelligence analysts, application security analysts, compliance analysts, incident responders/handlers, and threat hunters, bringing new techniques for combating threats inside and outside of the Security Operations Center (SOC).
Self-Study or In-Person
The CompTIA Network+, Security+ Certification (or equivalent knowledge).
Minimum of 4 years of hands-on information security or related experience for those interested in attempting the CompTIA CySA+ course.
About the exam
As attackers have learned to evade traditional signature-based solutions, such as firewalls and anti-virus software, an analytics-based approach within the IT security industry is increasingly important for organizations. CompTIA CySA+ applies behavioral analytics to networks to improve the overall state of security through identifying and combating malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in an enhanced threat visibility across a broad attack surface. It will validate an IT professional’s ability to proactively defend and continuously improve the security of an organization. CySA+ will verify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to:
- Leverage intelligence and threat detection techniques
- Analyze and interpret data
- Identify and address vulnerabilities
- Suggest preventative measures
- Effectively respond to and recover from incidents
CompTIA CySA+ meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements. It is compliant with government regulations under the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA). Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 2.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
What Skills Will You Learn?
Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Utilize and apply proactive threat intelligence to support organizational security and perform vulnerability management activities
Software and Systems Security
- Apply security solutions for infrastructure management and explain software & hardware assurance best practices
Compliance and Assessment
- Apply security concepts in support of organizational risk mitigation and understand the importance of frameworks, policies, procedures, and controls
Security Operations and Monitoring
- Analyze data as part of continuous security monitoring activities and implement configuration changes to existing controls to improve security
- Apply the appropriate incident response procedure, analyze potential indicators of compromise, and utilize basic digital forensics techniques
- Module 01: Explaining the Importance of Security Controls and Security Intelligence
- Module 02: Utilizing Threat Data and Intelligence
- Module 03: Analyzing Security Monitoring Data
- Module 04: Collecting and Querying Security Monitoring Data
- Module 05: Utilizing Digital Forensics and Indicator Analysis Techniques
- Module 06: Applying Incident Response Procedures
- Module 07: Applying Risk Mitigation and Security Frameworks
- Module 08: Performing Vulnerability Management
- Module 09: Applying Security Solutions for Infrastructure Management
- Module 10: Understanding Data Privacy and Protection
- Module 11: Applying Security Solutions for Software Assurance
- Module 12: Applying Security Solutions for Cloud and Automation
9831 Greenbelt Road, Suite 311
Lanham, MD 20706