Enroll WITHIN U
AWS Academy Cloud Foundations
AWS Academy Cloud Foundations is intended for students who seek an overall understanding of cloud computing concepts, independent of specific technical roles. It provides a detailed overview of cloud concepts, AWS core services, security, architecture, pricing, and support.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Define the AWS Cloud
• Explain the AWS pricing philosophy
• Identify the global infrastructure components of AWS
• Describe the security and compliance measures of the AWS Cloud, including AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
• Create a virtual private cloud (VPC) by using Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
• Demonstrate when to use Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), AWS Lambda, and AWS Elastic Beanstalk
• Differentiate between Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS), Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS), and Amazon Simple Storage ServiceGlacier (Amazon S3 Glacier)
• Explain the architectural principles of the AWS Cloud
• Explore key concepts related to Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon CloudWatch, and Amazon EC2Auto Scaling
AWS Academy Cloud Developing
The AWS Academy Cloud Developing course is designed to help students gain technical expertise in development with cloud technologies. The curriculum is delivered through demos, activities, knowledge checks, and hands-on labs. Throughout the course, students will explore a scenario that provides opportunities to build a variety of infrastructures through a guided, hands-on approach.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to do the following:
· Recall cloud computing services and models
· Describe developing on AWS
· Write code that interacts with Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) by using the AWS
Software Development Kits (SDKs)
· Explain the role of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
· Write code that interacts with Amazon DynamoDB by using the AWS SDKs
· Explain caching with Amazon CloudFront and Amazon ElastiCache
· Configure containers
· Develop solutions with Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS) and Amazon Simple
Notification Service (Amazon SNS)
· Write code that interacts with AWS Lambda by using the AWS SDKs
· Create a REST API by using Amazon API Gateway
· Describe the use of AWS Step Functions
· Explain how to build secure applications
· Identify best practices to deploy applications
AWS Academy Cloud Architecting
AWS Academy Cloud Architecting covers the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on AWS. The course teaches students how to optimize use of the AWS Cloud by understanding AWS services and how they fit into cloud-based solutions.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Make architectural decisions based on AWS architectural principles and best practices
• Use AWS services to make infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available
• Use AWS managed services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure
• Increase performance and reduce cost of a cloud infrastructure built on AWS
• Use the AWS Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures that use AWS solutions
AWS Academy Cloud Operations
AWS Academy Cloud Operations is designed to prepare participants to pursue entry-level DevOps, support, and cloud operations roles. Emphasizing best practices in the AWS Cloud and recommended design patterns, this course will teach students how to solve problems and troubleshoot various scenarios. The course will show students how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems on AWS and covers specific AWS features and tools related to configuration and deployment. With case studies and demonstrations, students will learn how some AWS customers design their infrastructures and implement various strategies and services. Students will also have the opportunity to build a variety of infrastructures via guided, hands-on activities.
This course teaches students how to:
· Understand AWS infrastructure as it relates to system operations, such as global infrastructure, core services, and account security
· Use the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI), and understand additional administration and development tools
· Manage, secure, and scale compute instances on AWS
· Manage, secure, and scale configurations
· Identify container services and AWS services that are available for serverless computing.
· Manage, secure, and scale databases on AWS
· Build virtual private networks with Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
· Configure and manage storage options using the storage services offered with AWS
· Monitor the health of your infrastructure with services such as Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, and AWS Config
· Manage resource consumption in an AWS account by using tags, Amazon CloudWatch, and AWS Trusted Advisor
· Create and configure automated and repeatable deployments with tools such as Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) and AWS CloudFormation
Cisco Cloud Security
The Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge course provides a broad overview of cloud security, allowing students to gain critical insights into issues such as data security, key management, and identity and access management.This course provides a self-paced learning experience through lectures and frequent knowledge checks.
The objectives of the course are to:
• Spark the student’s interest in cloud security
• Familiarize the student with the universal concepts of cloud computing
• Provide students with a base of knowledge on cloud computing security theory
• Acquaint students with security threats and best practices for securing the cloud
Cisco CyberOps Associate
The CyberOps Associate curriculum provides an introduction to the knowledge and skills needed for a Security Analyst working with a Security Operations Center team. It teaches core security skills needed for monitoring, detecting, investigating, analyzing, and responding to security events, thus protecting systems and organizations from cybersecurity risks, threats, and vulnerabilities. It includes an optional skills challenge to practice cybersecurity operations knowledge in a fun and engaging environment.
By the end of the course, students will be prepared to:
- Understand cybersecurity operations network principles, roles, and responsibilities as well as the related technologies, tools, regulations, and frameworks available.
- Apply knowledge and skills to monitor, detect, investigate, analyze, and respond to security incidents.
- Apply for entry-level jobs as Associate Security Analyst and Incident Responder.
Cisco DevNet Associate
The DevNet Associate course introduces the methodologies and tools of modern software development, applied to the IT and Network operations. It covers a 360 view of the domain including microservices, testing, containers and DevOps, as well as securely automating infrastructures with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). Students completing this course, gain practical, relevant, hands-on lab experience, including programming in Python, using GIT and common data formats (JSON, XML and YAML), deploying applications as containers, using Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines and automating infrastructure using code. The course prepares students for entry-level software development and infrastructure automation jobs.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Use basic Python programming and Linux skills.
- Implement a development environment using DevNet resources.
- Use software development and design best practices.
- Create a secure REST API.
- Explain the processes and devices that support network connectivity.
- Use current technologies to deploy and secure applications and data in a cloud environment.
- Compare software testing and deployment methods in automation and simulation environments.
- Compare Cisco platforms used for collaboration, infrastructure management, and automation.
Cisco Network Security
Today’s organizations are challenged with rapidly responding to immerging network security threats. Security personnel configure and monitor various network security threat mitigation measures, such as device hardening, intrusion prevention systems, and firewalls, to protect data assets and network systems from attack. The purpose of this course is to provide skills and knowledge in the field of network security. Learners in this course are exposed to the foundational knowledge required to respond to network security threats through various threat mitigation measures.
The goals of this course are as follows:
- Provide an in-depth, theoretical understanding of network security
- Provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to design and support network security
- Provide an experience-oriented course that employs industry-relevant instructional approaches to prepare students for entry-level jobs in the industry
- Enable students to have significant hands-on interaction with IT equipment to prepare them for exams and career opportunities
CASP+ is an advanced-level cybersecurity certification covering technical skills in security architecture and senior security engineering in traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments, governance, risk, and compliance skills, assessing an enterprise’s cybersecurity readiness, and leading technical teams to implement enterprise-wide cybersecurity solutions. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
- Architect, engineer, integrate, and implement secure solutions across complex environments to support a resilient enterprise
- Use monitoring, detection, incident response, and automation to proactively support ongoing security operations in an enterprise environment
- Apply security practices to cloud, on-premises, endpoint, and mobile infrastructure, while considering cryptographic technologies and techniques
- Consider the impact of governance, risk, and compliance requirements throughout the enterprise
Cloud+ is a global certification that validates the skills needed to deploy and automate secure cloud environments that support the high availability of business systems and data.
Cloud+ is the only performance-based IT certification that views cloud-based infrastructure services in the context of broader IT systems operations regardless of the platform. Migrating to the cloud presents opportunities to deploy, optimize, and protect mission critical applications and data storage.
Cloud+ validates the technical skills needed to secure these valuable assets.
As attackers have learned to evade traditional signature-based solutions, such as firewalls and anti-virus software, an analytics-based approach within the IT security industry is increasingly important for organizations. CySA+ applies behavioral analytics to networks to improve the overall state of security through identifying and combating malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in an enhanced threat visibility across a broad attack surface. It will validate an IT professional’s ability to proactively defend and continuously improve the security of an organization. CySA+ will verify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to:
- Leverage intelligence and threat detection techniques
- Analyze and interpret data
- Identify and address vulnerabilities
- Suggest preventative measures
- Effectively respond to and recover from incidents
Linux+ is for the IT pro who will use Linux to manage everything from cars and smartphones to servers and supercomputers, as a vast number of enterprises use Linux in cloud, cybersecurity, mobile and web administration applications.
- Linux+ is the only job-focused Linux certification covering the latest foundational skills demanded by hiring managers.
- Linux+ includes performance-based and multiple-choice questions to identify the employees who can do the job.
- The exam covers tasks associated with all major distributions of Linux, setting the foundation for advanced vendor/distro-specific knowledge.
Linux+ covers common tasks in major distributions of Linux, including the Linux command line, basic maintenance, installing and configuring workstations, and networking.
Network+ validates the technical skills needed to securely establish, maintain and troubleshoot the essential networks that businesses rely on.
Network+ prepares candidates to support networks on any platform. The Network+ is the only certification that covers the specific skills that network professionals need. Other certifications are so broad, they don’t cover the hands-on skills and precise knowledge needed in today’s networking environments.
PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks. The PenTest+ certification exam will verify successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to:
- Plan and scope a penetration testing engagement
- Understand legal and compliance requirements
- Perform vulnerability scanning and penetration testing using appropriate tools and
- techniques, and then analyze the results
- Produce a written report containing proposed remediation techniques, effectively
- communicate results to the management team, and provide practical recommendations
Security+ is the first security certification a candidate should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on troubleshooting, ensuring candidates have practical security problem-solving skills required to:
- Assess the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- Operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance
- Identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents
Server+ is a global certification that validates the hands-on skills of IT professionals who install, manage and troubleshoot servers in data centers as well as on-premise and hybrid environments.
Server+ is the only certification that can ensure that IT professionals at the administrator level are able to do the job in any environment because it is the only certification not restricted to a single platform. The exam covers essential hardware and software technologies of on-premise and hybrid server environments including high availability, cloud computing and scripting. The exam includes performance-based questions that require the candidate to demonstrate multi-step knowledge to securely deploy, administer and troubleshoot servers.
EC-Council Certified Cloud Security Engineer (CCSE)
EC-Council’s Certified Cloud Security Engineer (CCSE) course is curated by cloud security professionals in association with renowned subject matter experts to deliver a mix of vendor-neutral and vendor-specific cloud security concepts.
The vendor-neutral concepts focus on cloud security practices, technologies, frameworks, and principles. In contrast, the vendor-specific materials deliver the practical skills that are needed to configure specific platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). This offers candidates a well-balanced mix of theoretical and practical skills. In addition, advanced topics also cover modules on securing the cloud infrastructure by implementing regulations and standards to maintain security.
EC-Council’s cloud security course is mapped to the real-time job roles and responsibilities of cloud security professionals and is ideal for beginners as well as experienced cybersecurity professionals.
EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
The Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) credential is the most trusted ethical hacking certification and accomplishment recommended by employers globally. It is the most desired information security certification and represents one of the fastest-growing cyber credentials required by critical infrastructure and essential service providers. Since the introduction of CEH in 2003, it is recognized as a standard within the information security community. CEH continues to introduce the latest hacking techniques and the most advanced hacking tools and exploits used by hackers and information security professionals today. The Five Phases of Ethical Hacking and the original core mission of CEH remain valid and relevant today: “To beat a hacker, you need to think like a hacker.”
CEH provides an in-depth understanding of ethical hacking phases, various attack vectors, and preventative countermeasures. It will teach you how hackers think and act maliciously so that you will be better positioned to set up your security infrastructure and defend future attacks. Understanding system weaknesses and vulnerabilities help organizations strengthen their system security controls to minimize the risk of an incident.
CEH was built to incorporate a hands-on environment and systematic process across every ethical hacking domain and methodology, giving you the opportunity to work towards proving the required knowledge and skills needed to perform the job of an ethical hacker. You will be exposed to an entirely different posture towards the responsibilities and measures required to be secure.
EC-Council Certified Network Defender (CND)
Learn the skills that matter! EC-Council’s vendor-neutral network security certifications provide an unbiased approach to learning secure networking practices, as well as how to analyze and harden computing systems prevalent in the current IT infrastructure.
IT professionals need to be part of the cybersecurity ecosystem, especially in a post-COVID Digital Transformation era. If you think cybersecurity is the responsibility of cyber teams alone, think again!
Certified Network Defender has been designed by industry experts to help IT Professionals play an active role in the Protection of digital business assets and Detection and Response to Cyber Threats, while leveraging Threat Intelligence to Predict them before they happen. CND is a network security course designed to help organizations create and deploy the most comprehensive network defense system.
EC-Council Certified Penetration Testing Professional (CPENT)
CPENT certification requires you to demonstrate the application of advanced penetration testing techniques such as advanced Windows attacks, IOT systems attacks, advanced binaries exploitation, exploits writing, bypassing a filtered network, Operational Technology (OT) pen testing, accessing hidden networks with pivoting and double pivoting, privilege escalation, and evading defense mechanisms.
EC-Council’s CPENT standardizes the knowledge base for penetration testing professionals by incorporating best practices followed by experienced experts in the field. The objective of the CPENT is to ensure that each professional follows a strict code of ethics, is exposed to the best practices in the domain of penetration testing and aware of all the compliance requirements required by the industry.
The CPENT credential provides an assurance that security professionals possess skills to analyze the security posture of a network exhaustively and recommend corrective measures authoritatively.
EC-Council Certified Secure Computer User (CSCU)
The purpose of the CSCU training program is to provide individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to protect their information assets. This class will immerse students into an interactive environment where they will acquire a fundamental understanding of various computer and network security threats such as identity theft, credit card fraud, online banking phishing scams, virus and backdoors, emails hoaxes, sex offenders lurking online, loss of confidential information, hacking attacks and social engineering. More importantly, the skills learned from the class helps students take the necessary steps to mitigate their security exposure.
EC-Council Digital Forensics Essentials (DFE)
Computer forensics enables the systematic and careful identification of evidence in computer related crime and abuse cases. This may range from tracing the tracks of a hacker through a client’s systems, to tracing the originator of defamatory emails, to recovering signs of fraud.
Digital Forensics Essentials (DFE) program covers the fundamental concepts of computer forensics. It equips students with the skills required to identify an intruder’s footprints and to properly gather the necessary evidence to prosecute in the court of law.
This program gives a holistic overview of the key components of computer forensics. The course is designed for those interested in learning the various fundamentals of computer forensics and aspire to pursue a career in the computer forensics field.
EC-Council Ethical Hacking Essentials (EHE)
Information security is one of the required elements constituting the quality of information and information systems. Precaution to information security risks and taking adequate and sufficient information security measures are part of the good information processing practice required in particular by the data protection laws and more broadly, part of the good information management practice.
The Ethical Hacking Essentials (EHE) program covers the fundamental concepts of information security and ethical hacking. It equips students with the skills required to identify the increasing information security threats which reflect on the security posture of the organization and implement general security controls.
This program gives a holistic overview of the key components of information security. The course is designed for those interested in learning the various fundamentals of information security and ethical hacking and aspire to pursue a career in information security.
EC-Council Network Defender Essentials (NDE)
Network security plays a vital role in most of the organizations. It is the process of preventing and detecting unauthorized use of an organization’s networking infrastructure. It protects networks and their services from unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
Network security assures that a network performs its critical functions securely without any harmful side effects. Security awareness and well-structured training can help find the weaknesses of a network and keep network administrators abreast of the latest threats and techniques by gaining a better understanding of risk exposure as well as the newest countermeasures.
The Network Defense Essentials (NDE) program covers the fundamental concepts of network security. It equips students with the skills required to identify the increasing network security threats that reflect on the organization’s security posture and implement general security controls to protect the underlying networking infrastructure from unauthorized access, modification, destruction, or disclosure.
This program gives a holistic overview of the key components of network security. The course is designed for those interested in learning the various fundamentals of network security and aspire to pursue a career in network security.
1450 Mercantile Lane, Suite 157
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774