Introduction to Cybersecurity
The Introduction to Cybersecurity explores the field of cybersecurity, specifically the importance of cybersecurity, data confidentiality, best practices for using the internet and social media safely, and potential career opportunities in this growing field.
With Billions of Devices Now Online, New Threats Pop-up Every Second
Today’s interconnected world makes everyone more susceptible to cyber-attacks. Whether you’re attracted to the relativity new world of cybersecurity as a professional, or just interested in protecting yourself online and in social media, this introductory course is the answer. It explores cyber trends, threats—along with the broader topic of cybersecurity in a way that will matter to YOU. For instance, you’ll learn how to protect your personal privacy online while gaining additional insight on the challenges companies, and governmental and educational institutions face today. No prerequisites required.
There are no predefined eligibility criteria for those interested in attempting the Intro to Cybersecurity course.
You'll Learn These Core Skills:
- Learn what cybersecurity is and its potential impact to you.
- Understand the most common threats, attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Gain insights for how businesses protect their operations from attacks.
- Find the latest job trends and why cybersecurity continues to grow.
- Module 01: The Need for Cybersecurity
- Module 02: Attacks, Concepts and Techniques
- Module 03: Protecting Your Data and Privacy
- Module 04: Protecting The Organization
- Module 05: Will Your Future Be in Cybersecurity?
9831 Greenbelt Road, Suite 311
Lanham, MD 20706